About the Book (available on Amazon.com)
Ananda Kiamsha Madelyn Leeke became a pioneer in the digital universe twenty-seven years ago, when she logged in to the LexisNexis research service as a first-year law student at Howard University School of Law. She was immediately smitten with what the World Wide Web could do. Later, while attending the UN Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing, China, in 1995, Leeke found herself in an Internet café, where she experienced an interaction that changed her life.
Over time, through interactions and conversations both online and in-person, Leeke developed the concept of “digital sisterhood.” Embracing this revolutionary concept led to a complete career reinvention that finally allowed her to embrace her enormous creative spirit. She found in her digital sisters true “sheroes” and virtual mentors. Her blogging and social media adventures highlight the lessons she learned in the process, the reasons she launched the Digital Sisterhood Network, and the experiences that caused her to adopt what she terms the “fierce living” commitments.
In her memoir, Digital Sisterhood, Leeke details her journey, sharing experiences and insights that helped her and her digital sisters use the Internet as a self-discovery tool and identifying leadership archetypes that shaped her role as a social media leader.
About the Author
Ananda Leeke is a lawyer turned “Jill of many trades.” She is an innerpreneur, author, artist, coach, and yoga teacher. She founded the Digital Sister Network and currently serves as a blogger ambassador for AARP, Macy’s Heart of Haiti campaign, and Maiden Nation. She lives in Washington, DC. Visit www.anandaleeke.com.
12 Things You Can Do Before October 19th Book Reading
- Buy Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online on Amazon.com.
- If you are in the D.C. area, register yourself and invite five friends to the October 19th book reading.
- Share this notice on your social media networks or blog.
- Tell ten friends about the book in an email.
- Post a blog with an author interview of Ananda Leeke. Send her an email at email@example.com.
- Follow @anandaleeke and @digitalsisterhd on Twitter for book updates.
- Participate in #DigitalSisterhood Wednesdays on Twitter by following @digitalsisterhd and tweeting your digital sisters.
- Subscribe to Ananda Leeke’s author blog to learn more about her creative journey.
- Learn more about the Digital Sisterhood Network.
- Check out Ananda Leeke’s books, Love’s Troubadours (novel) and That Which Awakens Me (creative memoir) on Amazon.com. They make great autumn reads!
- LIKE Ananda Leeke’s Facebook Fan Page.
- LIKE Digital Sisterhood Network’s Facebook Page.