The Digital Sisiterhood focus group on how women use social media to discuss fashion, beauty, hair, and lifestyles was held on December 12, 2010, at Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library. The panelists included:
- LaWanda Amaker, Founder of L.A. Beaute Beat and Media Mingle,
- Monica Byrd, Founder of Fashionista Flea Market, Pregginista, and Charm Chat, and DC Women’s Style Examiner,
- Kelly Collis, Founder of City Shop Girl,
- Glory Edim, Founder of I Hate My 9 to 5 blog,
- Sheena D. Franklin, Founder/CEO of Bella Bush,
- Aisha Massac, Esthetician, Makeup Artist, and Founder of I.C. Faces,
- Courtney Powell, founder of ThinkandGrowChick.com,
- Laquita Thomas-Banks, Founder of All Naptural blog and DC Natural Hair Examiner, and
- Dana Williams-Johnson, Founder of The Art of Accessories.
Ananda Leeke, founder of Digital Sisterhood Month, organized and moderated the panel discussion. Many thanks to Xina Eiland for serving as the event videographer, Sharon Malachi for serving as the event photographer, and Glory Edim’s mother Ms. Henrietta for making “Digital Sisterhood” cupcakes (they were yummy) for the ladies!
Check out the videos from the event below.