Digital Sisterhood Network’s Blogger-in-Residence for 2011-12 is Kamaria T. Richmond, a native Washingtonian and writer. Richmond is passionate about spirituality, fabulous and healthy living, family and friends, lifelong learning, fashion, beauty, hair, the arts, music, gourmet food and wine, home décor, traveling, and independent films. She worked as the East Coast Assistant Buyer for St. John at Nordstrom for ten years prior to being diagnosed with sarcoidosis and experiencing a stroke that injured her brain in 2004. After her stroke, she decided to use her health challenges as life reinvention opportunities that inspire her to live a healthier lifestyle by practicing forgiveness, gratitude, joy, loving kindness, mindfulness, positive thinking, and self-care.
She began sharing her insights about her health journey and lessons learned as the Present Moment Living Correspondent for BAP Living Radioin Talkshoe.com in 2009. Prior to working with BAP Living Radio, Richmond worked at WPFW 89.3 and WGMS 103.5 radio stations in Washington, DC. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Radio, Television, and Film with a minor in Afro-American Studies from the University of Maryland. She completed coursework in a Master’s degree program at University of Maryland’s University College. She is a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Click here to listen to her interview on Digital Sisterhood Radio.
- Click here to listen to her lifestyle audio blogs on Cinchcast. They are positively inspiring and filled with lifestyle tips, soundbytes from her Kindle reading and social media adventures (like her recent iPhone 4 purchase), and her trademark joie de vivre as a lifestyle blogger!
- Her first episode of The Stroke Diva Fabulous Show airs on March 13, 2011, at 7:30 pm ET on Digital Sisterhood Radio. Richmond created The Stroke Diva Fabulous Show to celebrate life after her 2004 stroke and discuss her passion for spirituality, healthy living, lifestyle reinvention, the arts, music, current issues, popular culture, fashion, beauty, hair, travel, gourmet food, wine, home decor, and so much more.
- Follow her lifestyle tweets on Twitter @Kamaria.
- View photos from her Blogger-in-Residence training session on January 30, 2011.
- Watch her first video from her Blogger-in-Residence training session on January 30, 2011 (see below).