Happy Digital Sisterhood Wednesday!
Today, Digital Sisterhood Network (DSN) is using Digital Sisterhood Wednesday to support and stand in solidarity with Adria Richards, an amazing digital sister and technology evangelist who we love, respect, and learn from. We’ve known Adria since we met her at the Blogalicious Weekend Conference and interviewed her on Digital Sisterhood Radio in 2009. She is one of our Digital Diva Sheroes!
Last week, Adria used her voice and digital platform to speak up against inappropriate comments made by two men during the PyCon 2013 conference. Click on the links below to read related articles and blogs.
- Time to Stand Up for Adria Richards by Helena Andrews
- Standing with Adria by Jill Filipovic
- Sexism in the workplace is alive and well: Adria Richards is its latest victim by Jill Filipovic
- It’s Bigger Than Adria Richards by Jamilah King
- I Support You Adria Richards by Kin Lane
- The Tech Industry Needs to Grow Up by Liel Leibovitz
- Sexual Harassment Online and Why You Should Care about Adria Richards by Marie Lindberg
- Shakesville: Adria Richards Does Belong at Tech Conference by Melissa McEwan
- The Need to Respect Women in Tech by Anjuan Simmons
- Why Asking What Adria Richards Could Have Done Differently Is The Wrong Question by Deanna Zandt
Like many of you, we are shocked and deeply troubled by the harassment and abuse directed at her and her supporters. We support the actions she took and stand in solidarity with her and everyone who is on #TeamAdria. We hope this experience reminds each of us to practice civility and respect in our communications. May we also work to confront, transform, and eliminate sexism, racism, and other forms of oppression in technology and society.