Happy May Digital Sisters!
This month, Digital Sisterhood Network (DSN) is celebrating the theme, “Lean In and Live Your Life as a Work of Art.” What are you doing to make your life a work of art?
Today’s blog invites you to explore who you are as a Lifestylista. Check out the Lifestylista Profile below. It is an excerpt from Ananda Leeke’s new book, Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online.
A Lifestylista is a woman who lives her life as a work of art; expresses it through her passion for beauty, entertaining, fashion, food, home décor, personal style, and travel; and inspires others to live their lives as works of art. If you identify with one or more of the Lifestylista’s characteristics, please check out the Lifestylista Manifesto collage below. Consider making one to jumpstart your writing process. All you need are some of your favorite magazines, construction or poster board paper, scissors, and glue sticks. Look for words, phrases, and images that represent your definition of a Lifestylista. Paste them on to your paper. If you need to write some of your words and phrases, use magic markers, crayons, or pens. After you finish the collage, give yourself a few days to look at it. Record any thoughts you have while looking at it. Use them as writing prompts for your Manifesto. Feel free to use the one contained below as a sample or adopt it as your own.
I am a woman who lives her best life with passionate intention, purpose, and plenty of joie de vivre! In my heart of hearts, I know la vie est belle! I rejoice daily through an appreciation of all things beautiful. I celebrate by expressing my own beauty and style from the inside out. This energy inspires my home and office décor. It influences my taste buds and connects me to the pleasure of great food, wine, and dining experiences. It allows me to pursue and revel in the magnificence of the arts, culture, music, and travel adventures. It dazzles, shines, and sparkles in every facet of my life. So I let the good times roll!
Chakra Connection (Click here to learn more about chakras):
Lifestylista’s energy is connected to the:
Color Connection (Click here to learn more about colors):
Wear or surround yourself with the colors orange (second chakra), yellow (third chakra), green or pink (fourth chakra), and light or sky blue (fifth chakra) to connect with Lifestylista’s energy.
Wear or surround yourself with amber or carnelian (second chakra), citrine or tiger’s eye (third chakra), aventurine or rose quartz (fourth chakra), and turquoise (fifth chakra) gemstones to connect with Lifestylista’s energy.
Goddess Connection (Click here to learn more about Goddesses):
Lifestylista is connected to the Goddesses mentioned below.
Yoga Connection (Click here to search Yoga Journal’s web site for instructions on how to do each pose):
Practicing bound angle, downward facing dog, triangle, and wide angle poses (second chakra); bow, boat, warrior one, warrior two, warrior three, sun salutation, and all twisting poses (third chakra); camel, cat, cobra, fish, sphinx, upward facing dog, and upward facing bow poses (fourth chakra); and bridge, fish, lion, plow, and upward plank poses (fifth chakra) can help you connect with Lifestylista’s energy.
During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012 and 2013, the women listed below were named Lifestylista Digital Sisters of the Year. Take a few minutes to learn about them. They are great Lifestylista virtual mentors.
2012 Digital Sisters of the Year
- Monica Byrd, founder of BabyBlashandBling.com and TheCharmChat.com
- Lilian Chang, founder of ChineseGrandma.com
- Julia Coney, founder of AllAboutThePretty.net and yoga teacher
- Jewel Figueras, founder of JewelsFabLife.com
- Kiratiana Freelon, author and founder of KiratianaTravels.com
- Latoicha Givens, founder of LuxeTips.com
- Maura Hernandez, founder of TheOtherSideofTheTortilla.com
- Mattie James, founder of Atlanta Style Bloggers, Mattieologie.com, and Style Bloggers of Color
- Marie Denee Leggette, author and founder of The Curvy Fashionista blog
- Katherine Martinez, founder of La Petite Marmoset
- Mercedes Sanchez, founder of BeChicMag.com
- Jacqueline Shaw, author and founder of AfricaFashionGuide.com
- Deb Vaughan, founder of Real Girl Runway blog
2013 Digital Sisters of the Year
- Abiola Abrams, Author and Founder of Abiola TV
- Carol Cain, Founder of GirlGoneTravel.com
- Krystin Hargrove, Founder of BeLoudBeYou.com
- Bren Herrera, Founder of FlanboyantEats.com
- Sylvia Wong Lewis, Founder of Narrative Network
- Danyelle Little, Founder of TheCubicleChick.com
- Jennae Petersen, Founder of GreenYourDecor.com
- Michelle Phan, Founder of MichellePhan.com
- Lisa Rowan, Founder of BeltwayVintage.com
- Trina Small, Founder of TheBabyShopaholic.com
- Eva Smith, Founder of TechFoodLife.com
- Patrice Yursik, Founder of Afrobella.com
- Yuli Ziv, Author and Founder of Style Coalition
Visit Amazon.com to read about and purchase Ananda Leeke’s Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online (available for Kindle and as a paperback). The book includes a list of the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Digital Sisters of the Year. It also features an appendix that helps you explore and identify Lifestylista and the six other Digital Sisterhood Leadership Archetypes. The interactive exercises encourage you to journal your thoughts in the book’s notes section.