Greetings Digital Sisters!
This month, Digital Sisterhood Network (DSN) is promoting the theme,”Tapping into the Magic of Your Heart” as an Enchantista. Today’s blog invites you to explore who you are as an Enchantista. Check out the Enchantista Profile below. It is an excerpt from Ananda Leeke’s new book, Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online.
If you identify with one or more of the Enchantista’s characteristics, please check out the Enchantista Manifesto collage below. Consider making one to jumpstart your writing process. All you need are some of your favorite magazines, construction or poster board paper, scissors, and glue sticks. Look for words, phrases, and images that represent your definition of an Enchantista. Paste them on to your paper. If you need to write some of your words and phrases, use magic markers, crayons, or pens. After you finish the collage, give yourself a few days to look at it. Record any thoughts you have while looking at it. Use them as writing prompts for your Manifesto. Feel free to use the one contained below as a sample or adopt it as your own.
- Monica Coleman, author, founder of Beautiful Mind blog, minister, and professor
- Kety Esquivel, digital executive at Fenton Communications and TEDxAdamsMorganWomen convener
- Faith Hunter, founder of Faith Hunter Yoga and Embrace Yoga, podcaster, and writer
- Jeannette Kaplun, author and founder of Hispana Global and Todobebe.com
- Jennifer Lee, author, coach, and founder of Artizen Coaching and Life Unfolds blog
- Zawadi Nyong’o, founder of ZerobyZawadi.com
- Akilah Richards, author and founder of Execumama.com, The Lightcaster’s Project and The Life Design Agency
- Jamie Ridler, coach and founder of Jamie Ridler Studios
- Willa Shalit, artist, author, founder of Fairwinds Trading, Inc., and co-founder of MaidenNation.com
- Kimberly Wilson, author, eco-designer, founder of Tranquil Space and Tranquility du Jour blog and podcast, and yoga teacher
2013 Digital Sisters of the Year
- Amy DuBois Barnett, Author and Editor-in-Chief of EBONY
- Vanessa Bush, Editor-in-Chief of ESSENCE
- Nischala Joy Devi, Author and Founder of AbundantWellBeing.com
- Adrienne Fikes, Founder of SoulPowerCoach.com
- Tracy Lee Jones, Founder of The Feminine Business Model
- Laurie Ostrofsky, Author and Founder of SimplLeap.com
- Lissa Rankin, Author and Founder of OwningPink.com and Whole Health Medicine Institute
- Migdalia Rivera, Founder of LatinaOnAMission.com
- Sara Avant Stover, Author and Founder of TheWayoftheHappyWoman.com
- Latham Thomas, Author and Founder of Mama Glow
- Rosetta Thurman, Author and Founder of HappyBlackWoman.com
Visit Amazon.com to read about and purchase Digital Sisterhood (available for Kindle and as a paperback). The book includes a list of the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Digital Sisters of the Year. It also features an appendix that helps you explore and identify Enchantista and the six other Digital Sisterhood Leadership Archetypes. The interactive exercises encourage you to journal your thoughts in the book’s notes section.