With the release of Digital Sisterhood Network (DSN) founder Ananda Leeke’s new book, Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online (available on Amazon), women are talking about the power of Digital Sisterhood online and offline this month. In Chapter 14 of Digital Sisterhood, Ananda writes,
“Digital Sisterhood is the feminine currency women use to create relationship wealth through the connections they make, conversations they have, communities they build, causes they support, collaborative partnerships they establish, and commerce they engage in with women they meet online and offline. The relationship wealth of digital sisterhood is based on what women care about and their shared interests and experiences. This wealth supports women as they stand in their own power and reclaim themselves online and offline. When they do so, they move with a power not seen before. It is rooted in women being fully,
P – Present when they
O – Own their lives as
W – Women who believe they have
E – Everything they need to live out their
R – Revolution of authenticity.
When all women know their investment in themselves and each other, they will yield a high return!”
What do you think about her definition?
What is your definition of Digital Sisterhood?
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Check out the list of upcoming events sponsored by DSN, 85 Broads Boston, Everywhere, Spelman College’s Digital Moving Image Salon and Art of Genius Creative Technology Series below that women are participating in to discuss, explore, and learn about the power of Digital Sisterhood.
- October 19 in DC: Meet Ananda in person during her author talk and book reading for her new book, Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Joan Hisaaoka Healing Arts Gallery. Click here to register for the event.
- October 23 (online): Connect with Ananda and ask her questions about her new book and the “ABCs of Digital Sisterhood” during the #DigitalSisterhood Wednesday Author Twitter Chat from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST. Follow @digitalsisterhd and use the hashtag #digitalsisterhood to participate in the chat.
- October 30 (online): Tune into Digital Sisterhood Radio for an author interview with Ananda from 9:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EST.
- October 24 in Boston, MA: Secrets of the Digital Sisterhood: How Online Communities of Women are Changing all the Business Rules organized by Morra Aarons-Mele, 2012 Digital Sister of the Year (Empowerista) and members of the 85 Broads Boston.
- November 7 in Atlanta: Digital Sisterhood Book Reading sponsored by Everywhere, a social media marketing firm led by Danica Kombol, 2012 Digital Sister of the Year (by invitation only)
- November 9 in Atlanta: Register for Women Interactive: A Creative Technology Festival sponsored by Spelman College’s Digital Moving Image Salon (led by Dr. Ayoka Chenzira, 2012 Digital Sister of the Year) and Art of Genius Creative Technology Series and attend Ananda’s tech talk on ‘Digital Sisters + Digital Citizens = Social Media Leaders from 4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Spelman College.
SPECIAL NOTE: Digital Sisterhood Month (#DSMonth), the fourth annual celebration of women in social media and tech, will be held December 1 through December 31. This year’s theme is “Fierce Living: Too Bold for Boundaries.” During #DSMonth, DSN will announce the 2013 Digital Sisters of the Year, a dynamic group of 100 digital diva leaders known as the “Digital Sisterhood 100.”