During Digital Sisterhood Month 2012, the Digital Sisterhood Network (DSN) used seven categories to identify and to honor 100 Digital Sisters of the Year. The categories were based on digital sisterhood archetypes DSN founder Ananda Leeke discovered while writing her book, Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online (2013). They include:
- A Creativista is a woman who gives birth to creativity (art, books, films, products, services, and webisodes).
- An Empirista is a woman who thinks of herself as CEO of her own corporation, ME, Inc.; maintains an entrepreneurial mindset; and gives birth to ideas and transforms them into businesses, economies, institutions, networks, and organizations that add value to people’s lives.
- An Empowerista is a woman who creates and curates content, shares information and experiences, connects with others and establishes positive relationships, and builds and participates in communities that empower her and others.
- An Enchantista is a woman who taps into the magic of her spirit as she focuses her energy, opens her heart, trusts her intuition, embraces her fears, and shares her gifts in service to others.
- An Evangelista is a woman who supports and advocates a philosophy, a values system, a lifestyle, a cause, or a campaign that improves her life and others’ lives.
- A Flowista is a woman who unplugs from her digital life and tech devices for periods of time so she can recharge and take care of herself; and encourages women to unplug from their digital lives by incorporating mindfulness and self-care practices.
- A Lifestylista is a woman who lives her life as a work of art; expresses it through her passion for beauty, entertaining, fashion, food, home décor, personal style, and travel; and inspires others to live their lives as works of art.
Each archetype helped Ananda value, own, and express her voice through reflections and stories. They also inspired her to stay positive and passionate when she realized her book would not be published at the end of 2012 (as she had promised). They are currently reminding her to practice loving kindness as she follows her publisher’s guidance in making changes to the book manuscript (the archetypes are included in the book manuscript).
Do any of these digital sisterhood archetypes represent who you are?
Which digital sisterhood archetypes do you want to incorporate into your life this year?