Happy Holidays All!
The holiday season is a great time to honor caregivers who give so much of their energy and time to loved ones who are unable to care for themselves throughout the year. As a part of the Digital Sisterhood Network’s participation in the AARP Blogger Kitchen Cabinet #CareSupport Campaign, I have included a list of holiday gift suggestions for women caregivers. Enjoy!
Gift Suggestions for Women Caregivers:
1) Call or visit her and just listen to what she says. Listening is a true gift.
2) Volunteer to do something that can help her life run smoothly during the holiday season.
3) Cook her a healthy meal and sit and eat with her.
4) Make a collage card that expresses positive thoughts and phrases that describe her personality.
5) Take a digital photo that reflects a peaceful and calming experience. Print and frame it as a gift (CVS, Duane Reed, JC Penney, Kmart, Kohls, Walgreens, or Target have great frames).
6) Create a tea sanctuary in her home that allows her to sip tea and chill out!
7) Create a book of inspiring quotes (you can find sketch books or blank books at CVS, Barnes & Noble, Target, Utrecht, or an art supplies store)
8) Write a thank you letter or poem on a peaceful and calming piece of stationary or a lovely card.
9) Purchase a gift card for coffee, tea, and a snack; a journal; and/or a magazine she would like to read. Help her schedule some “me” time so she can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while writing in her journal or reading a magazine.
10) Purchase a piece of jewelry that is created by a woman. Visit MaidenNation.com for more details.
11) Buy a spa package that allows her to relax and get a manicure, pedicure, and massage.
NOTE: This blog is a sponsored post that supports AARP’s #CareSupport Campaign.