Check out photos from the Digital Sisterhood Month’s Salon Series on “DC Style: Past, Present, and Future” that was held on December 8, 2012, at the Tenley-Friendship DC Public Library.
The Salon Series on “DC Style: Past, Present, and Future” featured a discussion on DC style during the past 30 years, a fashion and style blogger town hall on the present trends in DC style, and a conversation with DC designers on the future of DC style.
The speakers included:
- DC Style: The Past – A Conversation with Rosemary Reed Miller, author of The Threads Of Time, The Fabric Of History: Profiles Of African American Dressmakers And Designers From 1850 To The Present , entrepreneur, and founder of Toast and Strawberries
- DC Style: The Present – A Fashion and Style Blogger Town Hall Speakers – Monica Byrd, Founder of Baby Bash Bling Expo & Show and Fashionista Flea Market; Krystin Hargrove, Founder of Be Loud Be You; and Deb Vaughan, Founder of Real Girl Runway
- DC Style: The Future Speakers – Katherine Martinez, Creative Director of La Petite Marmoset and Philissa Williams, Founder and Designer, Thembe Fashions
Brea Ellis, a fourth generation Washingtonian and the founder of What I Wore: tip to toe, a personal style blog, and Digital Sisterhood Network founder Ananda Leeke served as moderators. Click here to read Brea’s blog recap about the Salon Series.
Photos and Videos (for videos — turn the volume up on your computer, lap top, tablet or digital device up — low audio recordings)
- Click here to see the event photos on Flickr.
- Watch video of Brea Ellis and Rosemary Reed Miller – Part One.
- Watch video of Brea Ellis and Rosemary Reed Miller – Part Two.
- Watch video of Brea Ellis and Rosemary Reed Miller – Part Three.
- Watch video of Krystin Hargrove.
- Watch video of Monica Byrd.
- Watch video of Deb Vaughan.