Meet Tara Joyce
1) Write a six-word memoir to describe yourself.
My dreams grow, as I do.
2) Tell us about your blog.
My blog is Rise of the Innerpreneur and I began writing it in June of 2008. I write about topics that are on my mind as an Innerpreneur growing a values-driven business. Those things have included my growth, conscious business, mentorship, design, marketing, sustainability, culture, the web. I also use a pricing strategy called Pay-What-It’s-Worth Pricing and I write about that often too.
3) What is your definition of digital sisterhood?
Women cultivating friendships online and supporting each other and their work.
4) What is your favorite 2011 digital sisterhood moment or experience?
When Ananda interviewed my colleague, Christine Dionese and I on Digital Sisterhood Radio in May. I had been corresponding with Christine for a year via email and I got to hear her voice for the first time. You facilitated that and I am so thankful for it.
5) The 2011 theme of Digital Sisterhood Month is ‘Celebrate the 4 Fs of Women’s Health: Feelings, Food, Fitness & Fierce Living.” How have you lived fiercely in 2011?
I learned how to better honor myself and my feelings. And through this I changed behavior that was creating pain in my life.
6) How do you stay positive and maintain peace of mind?
I spend time with loving and supportive people. I eat well. I listen to my body. And I have a practice that I enjoy each day — writing, yoga and meditation.
7) What are your favorite healthy foods?
I love foods that are clean and make my body feel good. I try to be conscious of where my food items come from and what’s in them.
8) How do you stay fit?
I take lots of walks with my dog, and I run around with him too, and I practice 10 minutes of yoga each day. I really enjoy being active so I do other random smatterings of sports, like hiking, swimming, bicycling, etc. I also love walking around my city, and watching the world go by.
9) How are you planning to live fiercely in 2012?
I see so much. I plan on devoting more time to my writing and to facing my resistance to finishing my first book.
10) Where can we find you online?
Web Site/Blog: www.elasticmind.ca