Meet V. Woods, CEO of My Salon Scoop, LLC
1) Write a six-word memoir to describe yourself.
Got frustrated. Then created a revolution.
2) Tell us about your blog.
I started blogging in 2008. My current blog is called the Ultimate Beauty Matchmaker Blog. In my blog, I give tips for salon and spa professionals to communicate better with their clients. I also give tips about how to better leverage technology, including social media. If you run a service business, you would find my posts helpful.
Here is a post about keeping the momentum up with your blog: http://bookyourchairsolid.com/blog/blog-hard-or-go-home-why-salons-should-blog-more/
3) What is your definition of digital sisterhood?
The circles of women that support each others causes and businesses via social media.
4) What is your favorite 2011 digital sisterhood moment or experience?
Something that I am working on right now called #12DaysofGGGiving campaign. I am working on a fundraising campaign to support women and girls sponsored by Glamour Gone Good, a non-profit organization. The campaign helps women raise money for worthy women’s charities through their love of beauty.
5) The 2011 theme of Digital Sisterhood Month is ‘Celebrate the 4 Fs of Women’s Health: Feelings, Food, Fitness & Fierce Living.” How have you lived fiercely in 2011?
I began to feel more confident in my ability to live out my dreams. Often times, we stand in our own way to achieve more. I now have new accountability partners that make me feel stronger about standing in my own spotlight.
6) How do you stay positive and maintain peace of mind?
I pick up the phone and laugh with an old friend or my parents. It keeps me grounded.
7) What are your favorite healthy foods?
Almonds. I also now bake most foods.
8) How do you stay fit?
I enjoy exercising at the gym. It also gets me to take a break from the computer screen.
9) How are you planning to live fiercely in 2012?
Go after my dream clients for my business to grow.
10) Where can we find you online?