The Black Public Relations Society DC (BPRS-DC) and Hager Sharp, a DC-based public relations firm, hosted BPRS-DC Fall meeting on September 20, 2011. It featured a Blogalicious panel discussion on ways to merge traditional media tools with new media concepts in order to augment results and maximize message penetration in the digital age.
The event began with welcome greetings given by Dedra Owens, President of BPRS-DC, and Kimberly Varner, Hager Sharp’s Account Supervisor. The panel discussion was moderated by PR professional Xina Eiland. The panelists included:
- Stacey Ferguson, co-founder of The Social Niche and Blogalicious Weekend, technology attorney, and veteran lifestyle blogger,-
- Leticia Barr, founder of Tech Savvy Mama Media and a social media strategist who advises technology and education companies, brands, app developers, and small businesses about working with bloggers and creating brand awareness in the online world, and
- Ananda Leeke, founder of Digital Sisterhood Network, innerpreneur, author, artist, coach, and yoga teacher.
Click here to see more event photos.
Watch event videos (very short) below.
- Video #1 – Stacey Ferguson & Leticia Barr share their favorite social media
- Video #2 – Leticia Barr shares how she makes money from her blog
- Video #3 – Leticia Barr & Ananda Leeke share their blogging experiences
Check out the Twitterstream from the event below.