- April 6, 13, 20, and 27 (all day) – #DigitalSisterhood Wednesday Twitter Celebration. The theme for each celebration is: 1) April 6 – Honoring National Poetry Month by tweeting about favorite women poets; 2) April 13 – Honoring Sexual Assault Awareness Month by tweeting about women and organizations that promote awareness; 3) April 20 – Honoring Earth Day (April 22) by tweeting about women and organizations that promote awareness; and 4) April 27 – Honoring National Financial Literacy Month by tweeting about women and organizations that promote awareness.
- April 9 @ 1:45-3:00 pm – Digital Sisterhood Network founder Ananda Leeke is speaking about digital sisterhood and the women’s movement as a panelist for the “Conversations across the Generations on Women’s Issues and the Women’s Movement” workshop at the YWCA‘s annual convention at the Mayflower in Washington, DC. The YWCA’s conference theme is “Own the Future.” Click here to learn more.
- April 12 @6:30-8:30 pm – Digital Sisterhood Network founder Ananda Leeke will serve as a panelist for Digital Doyennes: Wisdom from the Women Who Lead in Social Media and Digital Innovation. The event is sponsored by Spelman College’s Digital Moving Image Salon and the Women in Film & Television Atlanta. It will be held at the Twelve Hotel Centennial Place in Atlanta, Georgia.
- April 14 @9:00-9:30 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: The theme is”Feminist Family Values.” The guest is Joy Rose, founder of Mamapalooza.com and the Museum of Motherhood.
- April 17 – Digital Sisterhood Unplugged Sunday!: Join the Digital Sisterhood Network for the launch of its monthly self-care initiative that encourages women in social media to take a break, rest, and recharge by unplugging from the Internet and their tech gadgets for one hour, a few hours, or a full day.
- April 19 @8:00-8:30 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: The theme is “Walking the Black Male Feminist Path Online & Offline” The guest is Mychal Smith, African American male feminist and writer Mychal Smith. The show will focus on Smith’s feminist journey, lessons learned, March 22nd article on Root.com, and insights about feminism and the Internet. .
- April 20 @9:00-10:00 pm ET – #DigitalSisterhood Monthly Tweetchat: The theme is “Honoring Earth Day, Mother Earth, Green Living, and the Environment.” The chat will include a discussion about Earth Day, green living, and ways to protect Mother Earth and the environment. It will also include a sharing circle of Twitter poetry (140 words or less) about Earth Day, Mother Earth, green living, and/or the environment.