Check out the upcoming Feminism Online Project events for March 20-31. Hope you will be able to participate!
- March 20 @8:00-9:00 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: Shayne Lee, Sociologist, Tulane University Professor, and Author of Erotic Revolutionaries: Black Women, Sexuality, and Popular Culture, will discuss “The Prince of Third Wave Feminism Online and Offline.”
- March 23 – #DigitalSisterhood Wednesday Twitter Celebration: Women in social media will be invited to tweet about their favorite South by Southwest (SXSW) social media women who attended, tweeted, and spoke at the SXSW 2011 Conference.
- March 29 @8:00 pm ET – DC She Writes Meet Up @ Teaism, 400 8th Street, NW, Washington, DC (1 block from National Archives Metro on Yellow Line) – Individuals are asked to purchase a beverage and/or entree. The group will meet on the lower level and share six-word memoirs about feminism as ice breakers. The event will feature a book reading by poet Yael Flusberg, author of The Last of My Village.
- March 30 – #DigitalSisterhood Wednesday Twitter Celebration: Women in social media will be invited to tweet about their favorite women writers.
- March 30 @8:00-8:30 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: Dr. Goddess, American & Africana Studies Scholar, Blogger, Poet, Playwright, Performing Artist, Organizer, Activist, Producer, and Filmmaker, will discuss feminism and her 2011 South by Southwest conference experiences.
- March 31 @9:00-10:00 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: The theme is “Heart of Haiti Digital Sisterhood Travels to Haiti.” Guests include: Sloane Berrent, Humanitarian, Kiva Fellow, and Founder of The Causemopolitan; Deana Jirak, Designer and Photographer; Danica Kombol, Managing and Founding Partner at Everywhere; Johnica Reed, Travel Tastemaker, Writer, and Founder of leisureStrategy; Willa Shalit, Artist, Author, Co-Founder of V-Day, CEO of Fairwinds Trading, and Founder of Touch Foundation; and Heather Whaling, PR/Social Media Expert and President of Geben Communication.