The Digital Sisterhood Network is gearing up for its Feminist Online Project activities in March. Check out what’s coming below!
FYI – Digital Sisterhood Network will begin its mini social media vacation on February 1. During the month of February, we will only use our Twitter account to celebrate #Digitalsisterhood Wednesdays on February 2, 9, 16, and 23. We will also host our monthly Tweetchat on February 23. The topic is self-love. Dani, founder of Positively Present will serve as the guest host. We will return to our regular social media schedule in March.
FEMINIST ONLINE PROJECT EVENT SCHEDULE (tentative – more information will be added in late February)
- March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 (all day) – #DigitalSisterhood Wednesday Twitter Celebration
- March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 @9:00-10:00 pm ET – #DigitalSisterhood Monthly Tweetchats: The March 2nd topic is feminism and the challenges of working women, single women, poor women, and unemployed or underemployed women. The March 9th topic is third wave feminism in the lives of Gen X, Gen Y, and millennial women and men. The March 16th topic is women and men of color and their relationship to feminism. The March 23rd topic is the power of feminism in motherhood, fatherhood, and parenting. The March 30th topic is feminist spirituality and reclaiming the feminine.
- March 3 – Digital Sisterhood Radio: Holistic Health and Nutrition Counselor Kerrie Martin, Founder of Live In Rhythm, will discuss feminism and food. Kerrie’s discussion will explore natural eating strategies that honor our appetite, desires, rhythm, intuition, and need for pleasure. She will look at the idea of nourishment versus nutrition and how deepening your self-care can release stress and support your health. She will also discuss stepping into your feminist power by honoring your body wisdom moment to moment so that you may experience more joy and peace and claim your rightful metabolism.
- March 6 @ 3:00-4:00 pm ET – DC Field Trip to Free Community Sunday@ National Museum of Women in the Arts: Group will meet at the museum information desk at 3:10 pm and will see the Eye Wonder: Photography from the Bank of America Collection exhibition.
- March 7 – Digital Sisterhood Radio
- March 8 @7:00-7:15 am ET – Online Yoga Honoring 100th Anniversary of International Women’s Day
- March 10 @7:00-7:15 am ET – Online Yoga Honoring National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- March 13 @7:30 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: Blogger-in-Residence Kamaria Richmond will launch her debut show on present moment living.
- March 14 @8:00-8:30 pm ET – Digital Sisterhood Radio: Treva Lindsey, Assistant Professor in the University of Missouri-Columbia’s Department of Women’s and Gender Studies, will discuss what it means to be a diva feminist and her work to promote “diva feminism” through her Diva Feminist blog and Twitter page.
- March 29 @6:30-8:00 pm EST – DC She Writes Meet Up @ Teaism, 400 8th Street, NW, Washington, DC (1 block from National Archives Metro on Yellow Line) – Individuals are asked to purchase a beverage and/or entree. The group will meet on the lower level and share six-word memoirs about feminism as ice breakers. The event will feature a book reading by poet Yael Flusberg, author of The Last of My Village.