Happy New Year!
Today Digital Sisterhood Network is reflecting on our favorite Digital Sisterhood Month 2012 moments. See our list and photos below.
What were your favorite moments?
Digital Sisterhood Month 2012 Moments
1) Naming the 2012 Digital Sisters of the Year a/k/a “Digital Sisterhood 100″ and receiving their emails, Facebook posts, and tweets.
2) Traveling to New York City to host the #DSMonth Meet Up at Argo Tea and Field Trip to the Brooklyn Museum.
3) Working with Brea Ellis, founder of What I Wore: tip to toe blog, to organize two Digital Sisterhood Month events: Fierce Living in Fashion 15 Minute Flash Mob on U Street (#DSFlashMob) and Salon Series on DC Style (#DSStyleSalon).
4) Shopping with digital sisters on U Street and eating a snack at Ben’s Chili Bowl during the #DSFlashMob event in Washington, DC.
5) Learning from the #DSStyleSalon speakers and audience at the Tenley-Friendship Public Library in Washington, DC.
6) Interviewing Elizabeth Schaeffer Brown, Dariela Cruz, Stacey Ferguson, Kelly Heisler, Elyane Fluker, Nadia Jones, Claire-Dee Lim, Allissa Richardson, Jessica Solomon, and Elena Sonnino on Digital Sisterhood Radio.
7) Hosting #DigitalSisterhood Wednesday Twitter chats with:
- Sian Morson, Entrepreneur, Founder of Kollective Mobile, Mobile Evangelist, Writer, and Video Artist;
- Julia Coney of All About The Pretty, Liz Fassbender of The Capital Area Fashion & Beauty Bloggers and So Much to Smile About, Alison Gary of Wardrobe Oxygen, Mattie James of Mattieologie and Style Bloggers of Color, Marie Denee Leggette of The Curvy Fashionista, and Trina Small of The Baby Shopaholic;
- Sariane Leigh, founder of Anacostia Yogi; Kerrie Martin, founder of Live In Rhythm; Danielle Ricks, an avid cyclist and social media specialist; and Takeya Young, founder of Core Connection Lifestyle; and
- Boni Candelario, Career Strategy and Empowerment Coach; Tara Joyce of Elastic Mind and Rise of the Innerpreneur blog; and Anotinette Sykes, Success Coach.
8) Taking Kimberly Wilson’s Yoga and Meditation class at Tranquil Space in Washington, DC.
9) Chatting with Valerie Trammel at the She Writers Meet Up held at Teaism in Washington, DC.
10) Replying to the Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter positive comments from the Digital Sisterhood community.
11) Reading Janel Martinez’s Black Enterprise article about Digital Sisterhood Month.
12) Going to the National Museum of Women in the Arts to see the Women Who Rock exhibition.
13) Seeing the #DSMonth badge on digital sisters’ blogs and web sites.
14) Attending the TEDxAdamsMorganWomen event and hearing the fantastic speakers.
15) Meeting digital sister Kesha Bruce, an artist and writer, at her opening night reception at Morton Fine Art Gallery in Washington, DC.